From: Paul Rubin <no.email@nospam.invalid>
Subject: Re: Help with designing data structure for novice Ada programmer
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2022 18:36:46 -0800	[thread overview]

Aleksy Grabowski <hurufu@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm experienced embedded C developer and I've started 2 years ago an
> implementation of one of the specifications kind of popular in the
> payment industry. I also hope to make it open source one day.

Can you say what specification it is?

> have to guarantee consistency of a huge configurable data structure,
> that can be changed by an entity which in theory may not be in my
> control. And adding all checks quickly became nightmarish and then I've
> found an Ada language.

It sounds like you waht to define a datatype for this structure, with
access and update procedures (OOP is not necessary but it's the same
idea) that make sure all the rules are followed.  Is there more to it
than that?

Ada sounds like a reasonable choice, C sounds terrible, other
possibilities depend on the hardware and software environment.  Would
this have to run on a smart card cpu or anything like that?