From: alby.gamper@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Ann: Win32 and WinRT bindings update
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2018 17:22:24 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2018-11-03T17:22:24-07:00	[thread overview]

On Sunday, November 4, 2018 at 1:43:41 AM UTC+11, Jere wrote:
> On Friday, November 2, 2018 at 11:17:04 PM UTC-4, alby....@gmail.com wrote:
> > Dear Ada Community
> >
> > The Win32 and WinRT bindings have both been updated to the latest Microsoft SDK
> > version (10.0.17763). This version corresponds to the 1809 release of Windows 10.
> >
> > Packages/Source can be found at
> >
> > https://github.com/Alex-Gamper/Ada-Win32
> > https://github.com/Alex-Gamper/Ada-WinRT
> >
> > Microsoft release notes:
> >
> > https://docs.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/uwp/whats-new/windows-10-build-17763
> >
> > Alex
>
> Thanks for this!
>
> Question:  In your readme, you specify that you need a 64bit windows
> build environment, but then later on say if you don't there are linux
> scripts in the mingw64 directory.  Does this mean that you don't consider
> mingw64 to be a valid 64bit windows build environment?  I run GCC/GNAT
> 8.2 on mingw64 in x86_64 and thought that that should be sufficient?

Hi Jere

I definitely consider Mingw64 a 64bit build environment, and I have recently
started using it rather than building a cross compiler on Linux (which is what
the build scripts do)

So yes mingw64 is sufficient and very useable. Adacore community edition, now
that its 64Bit should also work (although I must admit I have not as yet tested
this.

Alex