From: Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: soundcard
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 15:11:56 GMT
Date: 2001-01-12T15:11:56+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <93mr6p$33l$1@eol.dd.chalmers.se>,
  "Daniel Nilsson" <danielnilsson@REMOVE_THIShem3.passagen.se> wrote:
> I need info on how to use soundcard in ada95 , Myself I have a
> soundblaster 128 pci. I have no prior experience in
> soundcard-programming.

What you need then is info on how to program a soundcard, period. Ada95
will only be an issue when you already know exactly what you want to do.

As for how to program a soundcard, period; this isn't the proper
newsgroup to be asking in. But from my (miniscule) knowledge of the
subject, I'd say (assuming you are using some recent version of Windows,
which you didn't bother to tell us) you'll probably want to put the
appropriate sound in a .WAV file and call the "PlaySound" system
service. See your nearest Windows programming documentation for more
info on this. If you can't find an Ada binding to this system call, it
should be fairly easy to make your own.

If you want to do something more complicated, you'll probably need to
learn how to use the DirectSound API. Once you have that figured out, I
think the best way into it from Ada is probably going to be through COM.
See http://www.adapower.com/gnatcom/index.html for more information on this.

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com