* Looking for Ada source code
@ 2023-01-25 14:00 Christophe Meudec
From: Christophe Meudec @ 2023-01-25 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,
[crossposted from LinkedIn Ada group]
I am looking for Ada source code (open source or NDA protected) to test my automatic test data generator for Ada (available at www.midoan.com) for regression purposes.

The source code should not contain pointers and be self-contained (no OS calls, no external libraries). Ada for existing embedded system would be best.

I started to look at GitHub repositories but without success.

Any 'pointers'?

Many thanks,
Chris

* Re: Looking for Ada source code
@ 2023-01-25 15:58 ` Jeffrey R.Carter
From: Jeffrey R.Carter @ 2023-01-25 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2023-01-25 15:00, Christophe Meudec wrote:

> The source code should not contain pointers and be self-contained (no OS calls, no external libraries). Ada for existing embedded system would be best.

Do you include anonymous access-to-subprogram parameters among pointers?

At https://github.com/jrcarter/PragmARC you can find a collection of Ada
components that are compiler and OS independent. You will want to exclude

* PragmARC.Data_Structures.Skip_Lists.Unbounded
* PragmARC.Job_Pools
* PragmARC.REM_NN_Wrapper
* PragmARC.Safety.Pointers
* PragmARC.Safety.Semaphores
* PragmARC.Safety.Suspension_Objects

as they declare access-to-object types.

Some of the remaining use anonymous access-to-subprogram parameters, if that is
a problem, but there should still be about 140 source files.

There is additional Ada code in other https://github.com/jrcarter repositories.

“Bug rates in C++ are running higher even than C ...”
Stephen F. Zeigler

* Re: Looking for Ada source code
@ 2023-01-25 17:33 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2023-01-25 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at 6:00:28 AM UTC-8, echan...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all,
> [crossposted from LinkedIn Ada group]
> I am looking for Ada source code (open source or NDA protected) to test my automatic test data generator for Ada (available at www.midoan.com) for regression purposes.
>
> The source code should not contain pointers and be self-contained (no OS calls, no external libraries). Ada for existing embedded system would be best.

Some of the packages in SAL meet these criteria, and have tests I wrote as well. Available as Alire crate stephes_ada_library, or at https://savannah.nongnu.org/git/?group=ada-mode, branch org.stephe_leake.sal.

* Re: Looking for Ada source code
@ 2023-01-25 19:25 ` Niklas Holsti
From: Niklas Holsti @ 2023-01-25 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2023-01-25 16:00, Christophe Meudec wrote:
> Hi all, [crossposted from LinkedIn Ada group]
>
> I am looking for Ada source code (open source or NDA protected) to
> test my automatic test data generator for Ada (available at
> www.midoan.com) for regression purposes.
>
> The source code should not contain pointers and be self-contained (no
> OS calls, no external libraries). Ada for existing embedded system
> would be best.
>
> I started to look at GitHub repositories but without success.
>
> Any 'pointers'?

I could provide an Ada translation of an embedded application,
originally coded in C for an 8-bit processor (Intel MCS51 architecture).
It's about 8600 lines. There are two variants: one that cannot be
executed, because all HW and RTOS usage is replaced by null stubs, and
one that includes a built-in set of tests and can be executed on any
standard Ada system, with no input and only text output.

There are a very few uses of pointers, but they would be easy to remove
if you don't care about the success of the built-in tests.

There are some non-standard pragmas that can also be removed easily.

If you are interested in this code, I can send you a zip. My e-mail is
the same as the "From" address of this post, with "invalid" replaced by
"fi".

Niklas