* [Ann] MP
@ 2020-09-15 20:11 PragmAda Software Engineering
From: PragmAda Software Engineering @ 2020-09-15 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

MP, a Music Player based on the Gnoga audio widget, is available at

https://github.com/jrcarter/MP

--
Jeffrey R. Carter, President
PragmAda Software Engineering

* Re: [Ann] MP
@ 2020-09-17 15:18 ` Shark8
From: Shark8 @ 2020-09-17 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 2:11:33 PM UTC-6, PragmAda Software Engineering wrote:
> MP, a Music Player based on the Gnoga audio widget, is available at
>
> https://github.com/jrcarter/MP

Looks interesting; there is a little problem:
the line "with Gnoga_File_Selection;"
causes the compilation to fail due to that unit not being in your repository.

* Re: [Ann] MP
@ 2020-09-17 15:23   ` Jeffrey R. Carter
From: Jeffrey R. Carter @ 2020-09-17 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9/17/20 5:18 PM, Shark8 wrote:

> Looks interesting; there is a little problem:
> the line "with Gnoga_File_Selection;"
> causes the compilation to fail due to that unit not being in your repository.

Certain dependencies and where to find them are listed in the README.

"I'll get broads up here like you wouldn't believe.
Swingers. Freaks. Nymphomaniacs. Dental hygienists."
Play It Again, Sam

* Re: [Ann] MP
@ 2020-09-17 18:30     ` Shark8
From: Shark8 @ 2020-09-17 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday, September 17, 2020 at 9:23:28 AM UTC-6, Jeffrey R. Carter wrote:
> On 9/17/20 5:18 PM, Shark8 wrote:
> >
> > Looks interesting; there is a little problem:
> > the line "with Gnoga_File_Selection;"
> > causes the compilation to fail due to that unit not being in your repository.
> Certain dependencies and where to find them are listed in the README.

I found those after posting.
Got it to work, though there is a little bit of weirdness with respect to how you start the executable. (For example in the base directory and invoking "obj\mp-program.exe" seemed to make the playlist's directory-path out of sync with where it was intending to point; thus making the "working directory" of the program different than expected.)

* Re: [Ann] MP
@ 2020-09-18  9:49       ` Jeffrey R. Carter
From: Jeffrey R. Carter @ 2020-09-18  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9/17/20 8:30 PM, Shark8 wrote:

> Got it to work, though there is a little bit of weirdness with respect to how you start the executable. (For example in the base directory and invoking "obj\mp-program.exe" seemed to make the playlist's directory-path out of sync with where it was intending to point; thus making the "working directory" of the program different than expected.)

I'm not sure how that works under Windows. How does the file-selection dialog
work with Windows?

I copy the executable (-o mp) to my Music directory, with all my music files
under there, to be sure of the working directory.

"Crucifixion's a doddle."
Monty Python's Life of Brian