From: David Starner <dvdeug@x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu>
To: Robert Dewar <dewar@gnat.com>
Subject: Re: Relational Operators
Date: 29 Oct 2001 19:31:40 GMT
Date: 2001-10-29T19:31:40+00:00	[thread overview]

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, in comp.lang.ada, Martin Dowie wrote:
> Does this tie in with Robert Dewar's point about LRM references in
> compiler messages?
>
> e.g.
> GNAT
> test.adb:4:21: unexpected relational operator
>
> ObjectAda
> test.adb: Error: line 4 col 21 LRM:4.4(3), Operand of = cannot be
> another relational operation, Inserting parentheses
>
> I know which I found more useful, but perhaps this is just "My Opinion"

But I don't see wht the LRM reference adds. "Operand of = cannot be
another relational operation" alone is better than the GNAT message,
with or without the LRM reference (and I'm really not much interested in
the functionings of the compiler error-correcting routines.)

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I saw a daemon stare into my face, and an angel touch my breast; each