From: Norman Worth <nworth@comcastNOSPAM.net>
Subject: Re: Commercial ada compilers vs gcc ada compilier
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 14:58:46 -0700
Date: 2019-11-09T14:58:46-07:00	[thread overview]

Alain De Vos wrote:
> What do commercial ada compilers provide more than the gcc ones for the user of them?
> In short what can I do with one what I cannot do with the other for legal raisons ? And what with the use of external libraries.

To a large extent, it depends on personal taste.  All the different
compilers do some things a bit differently.  You may find one of the
commercial compilers easier to use than GNAT, or easier to manage files
for, or a better fit for your operations, etc.  The compilers also
handle the compilation process somewhat differently, and so you may find
the results better for one than another.  For instance, many years ago,
I found that Janus Ada handled generics much better than GNAT and
therefore produced smaller code, which was vital on a Z-80.