From: Jonathan AH Hogg <jonathan@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Multiple compilation-units (was: Re: GWU/ADA Interface)
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 1994 12:46:51 GMT
Date: 1994-09-10T12:46:51+00:00	[thread overview]

On 7 Sep 1994, John M. Mills wrote:

> Could a 'make depend'-like function be built which works with GNAT libraries?
> Maybe this effectively exists, but I didn't get that impression from the
> thread.  Could a set of 'imake' templates and rules be built to manage GNAT
> builds?
>
> Any comments?

i have written a zsh script to generate a list of dependancies for a gnat
closure when pointed at the base unit. it is not too difficult to do as
gnat will provide a list of dependancies for a unit on demand with the
'u' option. parsing this output (here's where it gets hairy) allows you
to build the dependancies.

i can make this available to anyone who is interested (though you'll have
to port it if you don't have zsh).

imake is still way beyond me though. i guess i'll have to read the book
sometime.

jonathan

--
Jonathan AH Hogg, Computing Science Department, The University, Glasgow G12 8QQ
jonathan@dcs.gla.ac.uk | http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~jonathan | (+44|0)41 3304454