From: Lucretia <laguest9000@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: Free-Ada updated to GCC-9.x
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 14:38:33 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2019-11-08T14:38:33-08:00	[thread overview]

On Friday, 8 November 2019 18:46:25 UTC, Jere  wrote:

> Nice!  This looks like it only builds in Linux for now?  I saw some
> references to msys in there, but they don't appear to always set the
> same settings as other host systems.  I'm typically doing Ada
> development from msys2 on Win10 64bit, so was curious about it.

Yeah, only developed and tested on Linux for now. The aim is to get it working for other platforms, but getting this far on one platform is hard enough.

Luckily, Linux kernel 5.3.7-gentoo, has a working VFIO with passthrough, the last (quite a) few revisions have been broken, so I have my Win10 and MacOS VM's working again, but don't expect anything much too soon.

But seeing as MacOS already has GCC/GNAT builds for it, that can wait, for now.

Is Mingw32 the way to go with an MSYS install? It's been years since I installed GCC on a Windows machine.