* Training Ada
@ 2020-09-23 18:43 Werner Aeschbacher
From: Werner Aeschbacher @ 2020-09-23 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anybody have the solutions to the exercises of the book "Building Parallel, Embedded, and Real-Time Applications with Ada" from John W.McCormick et al ?

* Re: Training Ada
@ 2020-09-23 19:58 ` Paul Rubin
From: Paul Rubin @ 2020-09-23 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Werner Aeschbacher <aeschbaw@ieee.org> writes:
> Does anybody have the solutions to the exercises of the book "Building
> Parallel, Embedded, and Real-Time Applications with Ada" from John
> W.McCormick et al ?

Is there a claim that a solution set was published someplace?  Your best
bet might be to contact the authors.  Sometimes with textbooks (say in
mathematics), there is a solutions book available only to instructors,
so they can assign homework problems from the textbook and check
students' answers against the solutions book.

I have the textbook you mention.  It looks good but I haven't gotten
around to reading much of it.  If there's a particular exercise you're
interested in, I might like to give it a try.

* Re: Training Ada
@ 2020-09-23 21:37   ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2020-09-23 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Paul Rubin" <no.email@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> Werner Aeschbacher <aeschbaw@ieee.org> writes:
>> Does anybody have the solutions to the exercises of the book "Building
>> Parallel, Embedded, and Real-Time Applications with Ada" from John
>> W.McCormick et al ?
>
> Is there a claim that a solution set was published someplace?  Your best
> bet might be to contact the authors.

Agreed. John McCormick is still involved in Ada (he was on an ARA meeting
this morning), so I'd expect he'd be able to give you some information.

* Re: Training Ada
@ 2020-09-26 16:33   ` aesc...@ieee.org
From: aesc...@ieee.org @ 2020-09-26 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday, September 23, 2020 at 3:58:48 PM UTC-4, Paul Rubin wrote:
> Werner Aeschbacher <aesc...@ieee.org> writes:
> > Does anybody have the solutions to the exercises of the book "Building
> > Parallel, Embedded, and Real-Time Applications with Ada" from John
> > W.McCormick et al ?
> Is there a claim that a solution set was published someplace? Your best
> bet might be to contact the authors. Sometimes with textbooks (say in
> mathematics), there is a solutions book available only to instructors,
> so they can assign homework problems from the textbook and check
> students' answers against the solutions book.
>
> I have the textbook you mention. It looks good but I haven't gotten
> around to reading much of it. If there's a particular exercise you're
> interested in, I might like to give it a try.
I'm specially interested in exercise 2.28/2.29.