From: Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Mission-Critical Design: Ada.Unchecked_Deallocation vs Garbage Collection
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 21:00:47 -0400
Date: 2014-07-23T21:00:47-04:00	[thread overview]

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 18:07:10 -0400, Robert A Duff
<bobduff@shell01.TheWorld.com> declaimed the following:

>That particular example can be done without using the secondary stack in
>the latest version of GNAT.  All the temps are allocated on the primary

	Ah... But now we are in that unknown category: has the latest version
of GNAT passed the certification tests needed to be approved for use on our
application... (I was just CC'd on an email at work in which it was
discovered that the VMS cross-compiler had been patched in 1992 [obviously
an Ada-83 compliant system], used for 14 years, yet the official document
for the compiler version to be cited in all documentation was prior to
that... Yes, we are using a 14-year-old cross compiler on an even older OS
-- because that is a certified development system... Just changing from
WinXP to Win7 [on another development system] requires heavy time&money
investment to certify that the binaries [to run on neither of those OSs]
have not changed!)