From: reinert <reinkor@gmail.com>
Subject: Trivial question: how to avoid confusing sec, min, hour and day in a program?
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 23:56:43 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

Anybody with good ideas on how (in a simplest possible way) to avoid to confuse between representation of time as seconds, minutes, hours and days in an Ada program?  Standardize on internal representation of time as seconds (Float)?  I will delay to use complex approaches for physical units.

It is somewhere in my program natural/human to think in seconds whereas  minutes or hours feels more natural at other places (so the numerics is "human"). Example to illustrate: heart rate is "natural" to give in number per minute (not in number per second, hour or day). Time on work is normally given by hours (not seconds) etc..

reinert