From: joakimds@kth.se
Subject: Re: FreeDOS, Janus/Ada and GNAT
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 05:47:16 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2019-07-08T05:47:16-07:00	[thread overview]

Thanks for taking a look Randy and provide feedback.

I have used Ghidra (https://ghidra-sre.org/) to disassemble the win32 executable and come to the conclusion that InitializeSListHead, GetModuleHandleExW and FindFIrstFileExW are indeed not only referenced in the executable but they are called some time during the life-time of the application.

Ghidra not only gives an assembly code version of the source code but also a C programming language version. One can see for example how GetModuleHandleExW is used:
BOOL BVar1;
HMODULE local_8;

local_8 = (HMODULE) 0x0;
BVar1 = GetModuleHandleExW(0,L"mscoree.dll",&local_8);

I haven't been able to determine the origin of the code but this is as far as I have investigated. Will write in this thread when I know more on the subject of FreeDOS and possibilites of embedded systems on it.

Best regards,
Joakim