From: cacclin@vanbc.wimsey.com (Stephen Cacclin)
Subject: Data Format Brainstorm
Date: 5 Jan 1995 14:38:59 -0800
Date: 1995-01-05T14:38:59-08:00	[thread overview]

Hello all,

I am looking for some helpful input from the various comp.* communities.

Basically I want to know how various databases, languages, protocols etc.
store different data types. In other words, how are signed/unsigned integers,
floating point numbers, date types, booleans etc. written to disk?

Any database, language, machine type, protocol or other method is welcome!
Please feel free to share your most obscure references...

*** Please respond with email since I am polling a number of groups.

If I receive enough input, I will post a complete overview.
Thanks in advance.

Stephen Cacclin