From: jsquirek@gmail.com
Subject: Re: what do i need to make a keylogger?
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 21:44:29 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2014-07-13T21:44:29-07:00	[thread overview]

On Sunday, July 13, 2014 11:29:24 PM UTC-4, torral...@gmail.com wrote:
> as far as i know, i would need low level ada programming, but I don't want to do it in C (there are lots of tutorials and sample code already in C).
>
> This keylogger will run in the background of my windows 7  machine.
>
> Does anyone have a sample code that will work on windows 7? or can anyone point me to a good reference in windows and ada hardware?
>

> Thank you :)

Yes. I have a rough idea of what you would need to use for the best result. Unfortunately, I am still in the process of working on it myself with my Ada Doom 3 project. Please take a look at the links below and I will be glad to answer any questions. In short: the best option is to use window's raw input api and then writing a function that can translate virtual keycodes to the correctly translated character. A simple keyboard hook may do the trick as well and would be much easier to implement.

API overview:
https://plus.google.com/102090077582777383295/posts/StaiiW72Czw

Relevant code from project:
https://github.com/AdaDoom3/AdaDoom3/blob/master/Engine/Systems/Windows/neo-system-input-import.adb