From: anon@anon.org (anon)
Subject: Re: Conditional Compilation in Ada
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 00:18:17 GMT
Date: 2009-07-01T00:18:17+00:00	[thread overview]

Below, is an eample code of the new conditional statements, introduce in
"GNAT GPL 2009 Ada" and must be compiled with "g++". In this new
type of condition statement the conditional must have the following format:

       '(' <conditional statement> ')'

Mostly undocumented in the GNAT.

I have not used this type of statement. And personally I think its to close of
C-like statement instead of Ada.

-- Comes from line 565 .. 572 in "A-Text_IO.adb" for GNAT GPL 2009

         if ch = EOF then
            raise End_Error;
         else
            Item :=
              (if not Is_Start_Of_Encoding (Character'Val (ch), File.WC_Method)
               then Character'Val (ch)
               else Get_Upper_Half_Char_Immed (Character'Val (ch), File));
         end if;