* Another update to the VIM plugin.
@ 2022-10-25 16:42 Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2022-10-25 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Since GPS support was dropped for macOS having proper Vim plugins for Ada has become kind of important again. I added Alire compiler support so a press of <F7> will compile again.

It's actually two updated:

https://github.com/krischik/vim-ada/releases/tag/v_5.1.0
https://github.com/krischik/vim-ada/releases/tag/v_5.2.0

Have fun.

* Re: Another update to the VIM plugin.
@ 2022-10-26  7:21 ` Emmanuel Briot
From: Emmanuel Briot @ 2022-10-26  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Martin,

I also recommend using neovim instead of vim, because of the builtin LSP (language-server protocol) support. We can then independently install the ada language server from AdaCore (https://github.com/AdaCore/ada_language_server), and with a small configuration step we now have full cross-references in Ada...
The main difficulty is loading the proper project file, I will likely write a small blog post on the subject, though I could simply post the config I have here if there's interest.

* Re: Another update to the VIM plugin.
@ 2022-10-26 14:45   ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2022-10-26 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for the heads up.

briot.e...@gmail.com schrieb am Mittwoch, 26. Oktober 2022 um 09:21:21 UTC+2:
> Thanks Martin,
>
> I also recommend using neovim instead of vim, because of the builtin LSP (language-server protocol) support. We can then independently install the ada language server from AdaCore (https://github.com/AdaCore/ada_language_server), and with a small configuration step we now have full cross-references in Ada...
> The main difficulty is loading the proper project file, I will likely write a small blog post on the subject, though I could simply post the config I have here if there's interest.

—————
>port info neovim
neovim @0.7.2 (editors)
Variants:             debug, universal

                      control, and a remote API.
Homepage:             https://neovim.io

Build Dependencies:   cmake, pkgconfig
Library Dependencies: gettext, libuv, libvterm, libtermkey, unibilium, msgpack, luajit, lua51-lpeg, lua51-mpack, luv-luajit, libiconv,
                      tree-sitter
Conflicts with:       neovim-devel
Platforms:            darwin
License:              Apache-2 and Vim and GPL-2+
                      Policy: openmaintainer
—————

Nice, there is a macOS version. But I notice no dependencies to any GUI framework and when I did try it out there was indeed no GUI support. I'm actually using GVim — the Vim with the graphical user interface and I'm not going back to a Terminal based editor. Still good to know the option exists.

Regards

Martin