From: Emmanuel Briot <briot.emmanuel@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: pragmas in doubly linked lists
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 23:43:08 -0800 (PST)	[thread overview]

On Monday, February 13, 2023 at 8:40:25 AM UTC+1, Mario Blunk wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. All the cursors in my scenario are still valid. As far as I understood from John Barnes book Ada 2005, a cursor identifies the container and the item. In my case both the items and the containers still exist. So I assumed that collecting cursors in a list should work.

Fair enough,
The next things I would try (I am on linux, not sure what works on other platforms) are:
    - valgrind to detect invalid memory access (that will immediately which cursor, if any, is accessing free memory and where that memory was freed)
    - address sanitiser (asan) which does the same but so much faster.  That requires recompiling your executable with `-fsanitizer=address` though