* but somewhat [different Ada95] _Private_ non-generic children of genevariant allowed.
@ 2021-04-26 15:22 Vincent Marciante
From: Vincent Marciante @ 2021-04-26 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

I pretty much follow the rational requiring children of generics that are
meant to be used by users of a generic also be generic.  But what about
the case that the child is only introduced for "separation of concerns" and "information hiding" in the body of a generic package: Why can't _private_ children of a generic _always_ for use only in the implementation of the parent unit be allowed?   That seems to me to be only a little more flexible
version of the allowed arrangement where the desired functionality is expressed in a body-local package that has _its_ implementation as separate stub.

So, I mean I have a situation where I like to be able to do the following but can't.

  generic
  package Generic_Package is
     procedure Parent_Procedure;
  end;

private
package Generi

_Package.Child is
   procedure GPC_Procedure;
end;

package body Generic_Package is
    procedure Parent_Procedure is separate;
end;

with Generic_Package.C
hild;
separate (Generic_Package)
procedure Parent_Procedure is
   Generic_Package.Child.GPC_Procedure;
end;

* [Ada95] _Private_ non-generic children of generics not allowed.
@ 2021-04-26 15:35 ` Vincent Marciante
From: Vincent Marciante @ 2021-04-26 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Title should have been as in this message.
(I can't stop google groups from garbling text ;-()

* Re: [Ada95] _Private_ non-generic children of generics not allowed.
@ 2021-04-26 15:37   ` Vincent Marciante
From: Vincent Marciante @ 2021-04-26 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, April 26, 2021 at 11:35:28 AM UTC-4, Vincent Marciante wrote:
> Title should have been as in this message.
> (I can't stop google groups from garbling text ;-()

ARGGG!!!!!!

"Ada95] _Private_ non-generic children of generics not allowed."