* SweetAda 0.1f released
@ 2020-08-19 22:40 Gabriele Galeotti
From: Gabriele Galeotti @ 2020-08-19 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all, I've just released the  0.1f version of SweetAda.

- general cleanup and cosmetics
- general infrastructure improvements
- the VGA text driver is now unified across platforms; it is actually used by PC-x86, PC-x86-64 and MIPS Malta
- the ugly handling of network packets (Amiga/FS-UAE and PC-x86) is re-routed to a PBUF FIFO handler (the management is still far from ideal, but is not tied to the ISR like before)
- various I/O have now correct aspect specifiers; in particular some hardware registers with specific sizes are now correctly handled without premature optimizations
- AVR is now part of SweetAda and so 2 platforms exist: ArduinoUno and a QEMU emulator (both ATmega328P);
the AVR support is primitive and incomplete, but, with an ArduinoUno board, is sufficient to start up the Ada infrastructure and is able to pulse the onboard LED;
note that programming is performed by means of the AVRDUDE tool, so you should use a version suitable for your environment;
otherwise you could use the IHEX .hex output file with your preferred tool;
the QEMU-AVR platform can be used with GDB or Insight to trace the execution of code;
- runsweetada and IOEMU library now correctly show in argv dumps the launched executable instead of a "NULL" tag
- the parser inside the IOEMU library now expose in the .cfg file a variable (__LASTPID__) that carries the PID of the last launched executable (see QEMU-AVR/qemu.cfg)

There is also a new release of all QEMU emulators, at version 5.1.0.
Please note that the Linux version is linked with the SDL2 library instead of the previous GTK+3.

You can find everything at http://www.sweetada.org

Best regards.

* Re: SweetAda 0.1f released
@ 2020-08-20 14:12 ` Stéphane Rivière
From: Stéphane Rivière @ 2020-08-20 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hi all, I've just released the  0.1f version of SweetAda.

Thanks Gabriele, I will test next week :)

--
Be Seeing You
Number Six

* Re: SweetAda 0.1f released
@ 2020-08-20 21:37   ` Gabriele Galeotti
From: Gabriele Galeotti @ 2020-08-20 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday, August 20, 2020 at 4:12:29 PM UTC+2, Stéphane Rivière wrote:
> > Hi all, I've just released the 0.1f version of SweetAda.
> Thanks Gabriele, I will test next week :)
>
> --
> Be Seeing You
> Number Six

You're welcome.
No hurry, I am going in summer vacation for two weeks, since I am tired to the bone and my mind needs some rest.