From: hreba <f_hreba@yahoo.com.br>
Subject: Re: generic provokes segmentation fault
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 22:16:20 +0200
Date: 2020-05-18T22:16:20+02:00	[thread overview]

On 2020-05-18 14:36, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:

> What is global variables you are talking about? gsl_odeiv2_driver seems
> to be allocated and initialized using library functions.

Initially, I tried the following:

  - the library defines a type with that driver as a private component
  - the client declares a variable of that type
  - the client calls the library's initialization function, which
    instanciates this variable (and the driver within)

I just was not able to get around that local/non-local object/pointer
problem, and for now the driver is a global variable hidden in the
library, initialized as a side effect of Init_Solve, as a workaround.
This is unsatisfactory of course, because only 1 driver can be active at
a time. Presently, I use flags to ensure initialization and to prevent
multiple ones. In order not to mix topics, and to avoid posting lots of
code here, I would like to come back on this later, with a minimal example.

Frank Hrebabetzky, Kronach	+49 / 9261 / 950 0565