From: Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Gtk ada Sizes in pixels
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2020 10:23:38 -0400	[thread overview]

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 07:13:15 +0200, ldries46 <bertus.dries@planet.nl>
declaimed the following:

>I have a problem with Sizes of Gtk Windows.
>On a screen of 3840 * 2160 pixels I want a Main window of about 2000 *
>1200 pixels. When I run the program where the initiation code  is herby
>given (as far a sizes are involved) it looks like a window of about 3000
>* 2000 pixels what should I do to get real pixels

	Isn't this essentially the same question you asked on June 23 in

!> I am using a high definition screen 4K (3840 * 2160 pixels) and two
!> computers one with a graphic card which can handle this resolution and
!> an older one which can handle up to 1920 * 1080. (the first on Windows
!> 10 the second on Linux Ubuntu). I want both computers capable of running
!> my programs even if I define a the window on 2000 * 1200 for a Gtk
!> project. On the computer that can handle the resolution the there is of
!> course no problem. On the other the screen is window is to big for the
!> resolution and is shown only partly (of course).

	If not, they are very closely related... and probably not Ada specific
(how does a C/C++ GTK experiment behave?)

https://lazka.github.io/pgi-docs/Gdk-3.0/classes/WindowAttr.html
https://lazka.github.io/pgi-docs/Gdk-3.0/classes/Geometry.html
"""
The other useful fields are the min_aspect and max_aspect fields; these
contain a width/height ratio as a floating point number. If a geometry
widget is set, the aspect applies to the geometry widget rather than the
entire window. The most common use of these hints is probably to set
min_aspect and max_aspect to the same value, thus forcing the window to
keep a constant aspect ratio.
"""

	In a quick Google -- I don't seem to find aspect exposed
http://docs.adacore.com/live/wave/gtkada/html/gtkada_rm/index.html
other than in Gtk.Aspect_Frame

	wlfraed@ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/