From: Niklas Holsti <niklas.holsti@tidorum.invalid>
Subject: Re: Is this my failure or of the compiler's debugger
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 20:12:07 +0200	[thread overview]

On 2023-01-10 15:16, ldries46 wrote:
> I try to create a program that read Unbounded strings from a file in the
> loop:
>        Open(C_File, In_File, To_String(Inp_File));
>        while not End_of_File(C_File) loop
>           str_line_n := To_Unbounded_String(Get_Line(C_File));
>           Buffer_GL.Set_Buffer(str_line_n); -- breakpoint on this line
>           glade_lines := glade_lines + 1;
>        end loop;
>        Close(C_File);
> where str_line_n is of the type Unbounded_String.
> I used a test file with the below presented three text lines:
> Line 1 abcdef9876543210
> Line 2 " abcdef"9876543210
> Line 3 "abc"de"f"9876543210
>
> In the debugger the results were:
> "Line 1 abcdef 9876543210"
> "Line 2 "" abcdef"" 98765432"
> "Line 3 ""abc""de ""f""987654"

It seems that the debugger displays the strings in the form of Ada
string literals, which are enclosed in quotes (") and within which each
quote character has to be duplicated (to show that it is not the
terminating quote). So the duplication of the quotes is nothing to worry
about. If you were to print out the strings (with Ada.Text_IO) they
should appear just as in the input, with only the original quote characters.

However, your example also shows some extra blank spaces in the debugger
output, for example:

Input   : Line 1 abcdef9876543210
Debugger: "Line 1 abcdef 9876543210"

There seems to be a new blank space between 'f' and '9'. Are you sure
that you presented the input and output correctly?