From: Niklas Holsti <niklas.holsti@tidorum.invalid>
Subject: Re: Looking for Ada source code
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 21:25:21 +0200	[thread overview]

On 2023-01-25 16:00, Christophe Meudec wrote:
> Hi all, [crossposted from LinkedIn Ada group]
>
> I am looking for Ada source code (open source or NDA protected) to
> test my automatic test data generator for Ada (available at
> www.midoan.com) for regression purposes.
>
> The source code should not contain pointers and be self-contained (no
> OS calls, no external libraries). Ada for existing embedded system
> would be best.
>
> I started to look at GitHub repositories but without success.
>
> Any 'pointers'?

I could provide an Ada translation of an embedded application,
originally coded in C for an 8-bit processor (Intel MCS51 architecture).
It's about 8600 lines. There are two variants: one that cannot be
executed, because all HW and RTOS usage is replaced by null stubs, and
one that includes a built-in set of tests and can be executed on any
standard Ada system, with no input and only text output.

There are a very few uses of pointers, but they would be easy to remove
if you don't care about the success of the built-in tests.

There are some non-standard pragmas that can also be removed easily.

If you are interested in this code, I can send you a zip. My e-mail is
the same as the "From" address of this post, with "invalid" replaced by
"fi".

Niklas