From: Niklas Holsti <niklas.holsti@tidorum.invalid>
Subject: Re: Weird error emanating from GNAT binder: duplicat "gnatS"
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 07:53:29 +0200	[thread overview]

On 2023-02-22 0:59, Jerry wrote:
> On Monday, February 20, 2023 at 5:11:41 PM UTC-7, Jerry wrote:
>> I have the following program...
>
> Please let me summarize my problem: I have an Ada program which GNAT
> indicates has no errors but which it refuses to compile.
>
> Jerry

Well, as you have shown only a part of the source code, it becomes a
guessing game for us others... but, since the compiler is pointing to an
error in a compiler-generated file, it seems likely that there is some
kind of compiler bug here. This bug seems to be activated by the
"limited with", if that is the main thing that you have changed since
the program last compiled successfully.

The compiler bug could be in the generation of the compiler-generated
file, or it could be a bug in checking the source code, with the effect
of not detecting or not reporting some error (illegality) in your source
code, which then somehow propagates within the compiler and makes the
compiler generate the faulty compiler-generated file.

You might report the bug to AdaCore, and/or try other versions of GNAT,
or othe Ada compilers. But the quickest way to continue is probably to
find a work-around, for example change the architecture so that you do
not need the "limited with" that seems to be triggering the problem.