* Ada Community debugger won't run
@ 2020-01-11 15:04 Rick Newbie
From: Rick Newbie @ 2020-01-11 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
I just installed Ada and I am working through some tutorials. However I
am unable to debug. When I just want to start the debugger, I get the
following lines in the output window

[2020-01-11 05:05:11] Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
ImportError: No module named site

with a dialog saying "The underlying debugger died unexpectedly"

My system is Windows 10 and I don't think there's anything special with
it. besides I am getting this same on another computer as well.

So I did some research and I figured that I have to set the PYTHONHOME
and PYTHONPATCH environment variables manually. I did that and now I am
getting another error in the output window

[2020-01-11 07:03:28] ImportError: No module named site

But I can't find any useful information about that. Any help is greatly
appreciated

Thank you

* Re: Ada Community debugger won't run
@ 2020-01-11 18:11 ` Rick Newbie
From: Rick Newbie @ 2020-01-11 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

OK, I did some experimenting and it turns out the PYTHONPATH variable
must be set to the "libs" subdirectory, not "lib" as I had it.
Hope this helps somebody who comes across this. Still I wonder why the
GPS installer doesn't set this automatically

* Re: Ada Community debugger won't run
@ 2020-01-12 18:14   ` Dennis Lee Bieber
From: Dennis Lee Bieber @ 2020-01-12 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 11 Jan 2020 10:11:31 -0800, Rick Newbie <nuttin@nuttn.nowhere>
declaimed the following:

>OK, I did some experimenting and it turns out the PYTHONPATH variable
>must be set to the "libs" subdirectory, not "lib" as I had it.
>Hope this helps somebody who comes across this. Still I wonder why the
>GPS installer doesn't set this automatically

	Because you'd then be getting lots of complaints about how it is
hijacking one's own environment and Python installation.

	wlfraed@ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/