From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: XCode 14 and FSF gnat-12.1.0-1
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 15:49:05 +0100	[thread overview]

Bill Findlay <findlaybill@blueyonder.co.uk> writes:

> I made the mistake of installing XCode 14 today,
> at Apple's prompting and it completely broke the
> exception handling in variouscomponents of my KDF9
> emulation software.
>
> I was able to get back to the previous release of XCode
> from a backup, and things seem to be OK again.
>
> At any rate, the regression tests are not failing any more.
>
> I am using FSF gnat-12.1.0-1, and it seems that there
> is now a gnat-12.1.0-2 release, but I do not see
> anything there that is relevant to my problem.
>
> Any insight anyone?
> Why would an updated XCode have such a drastic effect?

Well, I just tried, and it was different for me: both on Intel and Apple
silicon any attempt to compile (or use git ...) failed dismally
somewhere in Xcode. On Apple silicon, I thought it was a failed update
so deleted Xcode and installed the command line tools, OK. Now, on
Intel, going to move Xcode out of the way ... and building with the
CLTs (version 14.0.0.0.1.1661618636) works fine.