* Building GNAT-FSF on FreeBSD
@ 2022-02-12 20:09 William
From: William @ 2022-02-12 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,

I did succed to build a modern gcc (with Ada-GNAT FSF) on my FreeBSD
13.0 serveur. :-)

Fernando Oleo Blanco was very inspiring to me (NetBSD porting), and I
use Simon j Wright portings to MacOS for my Hackingtosh.

So I decided to do it too !

For now I did a quick try with plain gcc «out of the box» : (story short)
1. Install gcc6-aux pkg from FreeBSD port (2014 -- Last Updated on
2022-01-26). (see also http://www.dragonlace.net)
2. get gcc 10.3 src from GNU.org and compile it with gcc6-aux (gnat
compiler seems OK)
3. get gcc 11.2 src from GNU.org  and compile it with the just
installed gcc/gnat 10.3

In first place I thougth it would not be successful ...

Now it's time to build) and run the ACATS 4.1y
I took a look at Simon’s ACATS Testsuite on SourceForge, but I need to
understand those automated scripts.
I’d like to parallise a maximum of ACATS sub-projects in order to reduice time.

WIP !!
See you later, William

* Re: Building GNAT-FSF on FreeBSD
@ 2022-02-14  9:52 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2022-02-14  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

William <william@sterna.io> writes:

> Now it's time to build) and run the ACATS 4.1y
> I took a look at Simon’s ACATS Testsuite on SourceForge, but I need to
> understand those automated scripts.
> I’d like to parallise a maximum of ACATS sub-projects in order to
> reduice time.

The section "Testing in GCC" in the README tells how to run the tests
within the GCC framework that allows parallel running. Note, you'll
probably have to hammer C-c to abort a parallel run, the script doesn't
respond well to that.

I would have liked to get parallelising working, but those scripts! eww!

* Re: Building GNAT-FSF on FreeBSD
@ 2022-02-14 11:45   ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2022-02-14 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

> William <william@sterna.io> writes:
>
>> Now it's time to build) and run the ACATS 4.1y
>> I took a look at Simon’s ACATS Testsuite on SourceForge, but I need to
>> understand those automated scripts.
>> I’d like to parallise a maximum of ACATS sub-projects in order to
>> reduice time.
>
> The section "Testing in GCC" in the README tells how to run the tests
> within the GCC framework that allows parallel running. Note, you'll
> probably have to hammer C-c to abort a parallel run, the script doesn't
> respond well to that.
>
> I would have liked to get parallelising working, but those scripts! eww!

See this thread: https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc/2018-July/226729.html

I'm not sure, but I think that GCC/Ada folk regard the ACATS (2.6, I
think) in GCC as more of a confidence thing (DEC used to call it an IVP,
Installation Verification Procedure) than a full check.

So, would you like to have run_local.sh quit altogether on C-c, or just
quit the current test as it does now?