From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: Using Gnat.Sockets in a Windows DLL
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2015 19:11:33 +0000
Date: 2015-12-09T19:11:33+00:00	[thread overview]

ahlan@marriott.org writes:

> We didn't forget, we want to use a static build so that our DLLs are
> self contained so that, with the exception of Window System DLLs, we
> don't have to distribute lots of DLLs. Eg Gnat runtime.
>
> Is there a way that we can make encapsulated DLLs that use Gnat.sockets?
> It should be possible because, at the end of the day, Gnat Sockets is
> using the same Windows API that Win32 uses.

Looking at the AdaCore documentation, it's far from clear what the use
case for 'encapsulated' is.

You said above that you were having trouble with a shared library
'monitor', I don't understand why you don't build the whole project with
static libraries?

(BTW, could you look at how you're posting? I see 64 lines quoting your
original post - not even the one you're replying to - before I get to
the new material)