From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@altum.de>
Subject: Re: "Open Core" and the Ada Community
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2016 19:20:23 +0100
Date: 2016-01-07T19:20:23+01:00	[thread overview]

David Botton wrote:

> The spirit of GPL has long since died with corporations using the GPL to
> restrict freedoms for corporate gains and to cripple new development and
> innovation.

I don't think it has. The essential point in Kuhn's post is that people can
still fork the GPL-licensed codebase and re-implement the proprietary parts
they need themselves. That's still impossible with a BSD licensed codebase
that has been turned proprietary.

So there's no crippling of new development and innovation at all. It's just
a bit slowed down ;)

I'm still wondering about the "...and the Ada Community" part of the
subject, though.

Bye...

	Dirk
--