From: csus.edu!netcom.com!nbh@decwrl.dec.com  (N.B. Hedd)
Subject: Re: Hoare's gripes about Ada (was Re: Ada and C++ ...)
Date: 4 Sep 93 03:05:53 GMT	[thread overview]

stt@spock.camb.inmet.com (Tucker Taft) writes:

>In article <nbhCCnzpL.1D8@netcom.com> nbh@netcom.com (N.B. Hedd) writes:

>> ... [other similar silly statements about Hoare deleted]

>This is the strangest post I have ever seen.

Thank you, it wasn't easy. I just figured, if Ted Holden was impervious
to logic and sound reasoning, perhaps he could be nuked by a form of
argumentation more in keeping with his own approach, to wit: ad hominem
attacks, distortions and outright lies, hyperbole, specious parallels,
and mindless blather. I'm well aware of Hoare's contributions: he was one
of the Great Men we learned about in CS. Hoare is great enough, in fact,
that he was willing to admit a mistake (his early concerns about Ada) and
correct for it in his more recent pronouncements [I half suspect this was
due to the rise of C++ providing him with a basis for comparison...]. You'll
note that Ted Holden, on the other hand, is so wedded to his skewed
worldview that the fact of Hoare's conversion is conveniently ignored.

Hopefully, my tactic has so befuddled and confused Ted that he will go away.
(I can dream, can't I?)
John R. Moore is an idiot.