From: Jacob Sparre Andersen <sparre@nbi.dk>
Subject: Re: building a package -- newbie
Date: 11 Nov 2004 17:25:48 +0100
Date: 2004-11-11T17:25:48+01:00	[thread overview]

backdoctor@gmail.com wrote:

> My first real question is, "what extension should I use to name my
> package?"  statistal_functions.ads?  statistal_functions.adb?  Do I
> need to compile it before it can be WITH'd into my main program?  I
> compile my main procedures with "gnatgcc -c file".  Is that the same
> for the package?

The Ada standard does not say anything about file names for the source
code, so you can in principle name it completely as you like, but
among GNAT users the convention is to put the:

 * Specification in a file named as the package name (in lower case,
   and with "." substituted with "-"), with ".ads" appended.

 * Body in a file named as the package name (in lower case, and with
   "." substituted with "-"), with ".adb" appended.

Jacob
--
�By becoming continuous, war has fundamentally changed its character.
 In past ages, a war, almost by definition, was something that sooner