From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: Initializing an array of tasks with discrimants
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 16:36:56 -0600
Date: 2019-11-25T16:36:56-06:00	[thread overview]

"Jere" <jhb.chat@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:371cb59c-1814-4953-9652-43c9986808a1@googlegroups.com...
> I still think Ada should support aggregates for Tasks
> with discriminants in some form.  I'm hoping the 2020
> change mentioned earlier will help with that (though I
> never identified how when reading over it...I'll spend
> some more time looking for it).

We tried defining aggregates for all types in Ada 2005, but there were a
number of semantic issues that prevented it from working out. One of them
was with tasks, but I don't recall the details. I do think it could have
been worked out, but the model was getting very complex and that can be an
issue itself.

As previously noted by Bob, user-defined aggregates could probably be used
to provide this capabillity for a particular task type. They can be applied
to any non-array type, so one could use them to define an aggregate for for
a task type. Probably would take some imagination, though, since the pattern
for them is array aggregates (not records).