From: "Jeffrey R. Carter" <spam.jrcarter.not@spam.not.acm.org>
Subject: Re: CONSTRAINT ERROR: erroneous memory access
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2020 16:47:07 +0200
Date: 2020-06-07T16:47:07+02:00	[thread overview]

On 6/7/20 12:20 PM, Simon Wright wrote:

> Not quibbling with -fstack-check, but why the others?
>
> -gnata, enable assertions: the RM doesn't say what the effect of an
> assertion should be absent any Assertion_Policy, and if
> Assertion_Policy is present it overrides the absence of -gnata

While it's true that the default assertion policy is implementation defined, the
Ada Way (TM) is for all checks to be active by default, so I'm correcting the
ARM. Also, it doesn't make sense to put in checks and not check them.

> -gnatn, enables pragma Inline across units: Inline only specifies that
> inline expansion is desired.

While inlining is always at the compiler's discretion, the ARM makes no
distinction between inlining within a unit and inlining across units, so an Ada
compiler doesn't, either.

"How'd you like to hide the egg and gurgitate
a few saucers of mocha java?"
Never Give a Sucker an Even Break