* Two Ada-12 Vendors
@ 2020-07-23 12:13 Jeffrey R. Carter
From: Jeffrey R. Carter @ 2020-07-23 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

It appears that PTC ObjectAda 10.x is an Ada-12 compiler, making two vendors
with Ada-12 compilers*. Only took 8 years.

https://www.ptc.com/-/media/Files/PDFs/Developer-Tools/PTC-ObjectAda-64-for-Windows-10_1_RB.pdf

*An Ada-12 compiler implements at least the entire core language of ISO/IEC
8652:2012. Please don't clutter this thread with posts about compilers that
don't meet this definition.

"The competent programmer is fully aware
of the limited size of his own skull."
Edsger Dijkstra

* Re: Two Ada-12 Vendors
@ 2020-07-23 17:24 ` Dirk Craeynest
From: Dirk Craeynest @ 2020-07-23 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jeffrey R. Carter <spam.jrcarter.not@spam.not.acm.org> wrote:
>It appears that PTC ObjectAda 10.x is an Ada-12 compiler, making two vendors
>with Ada-12 compilers*. Only took 8 years.
>https://www.ptc.com/-/media/Files/PDFs/Developer-Tools/PTC-ObjectAda-64-for-Windows-10_1_RB.pdf

The above PDF is an announcement from May 27, 2019, and mentioned that
the "release expands the support for Ada 2012 language features to
include the complete set of Ada 2012 container packages and support
for the associated Ada 2012 language constructs required by those
packages".  Hence a partial Ada 2012 implementation.

But perhaps even more interesting, PTC announced yesterday, July
22, 2020, the release of PTC ObjectAda for Windows Version 10.2:
https://developer-tools-us.ptc.com/Announcements/Products/ObjectAda/1000/10.2/RB-20200722-ObjectAda%20for%20Windows%20V10.2.pdf

And the subtitle of that announcement reads: "New native Ada compiler
release provides complete Ada 2012 language support".

A small extract from the text:

  <start_quote>
  "ObjectAda for Windows version 10.2 represents the completion of the
  phased implementation strategy PTC adopted for Ada 2012 language
  feature support within the ObjectAda technology.", stated Shawn
  Fanning, Software Development Director at PTC. "With ObjectAda for
  Windows version 10.2, the ObjectAda compiler conforms to the Ada
  Conformity Assessment Test Suite (ACATS) version 4.1Q and adds
  several new features including support for storage subpools and
  the Default_Storage_Pool pragma, execution time enforcement of type
  invariants, and complete support for new Ada expression forms.
  <end_quote>

For more information, see the PDF at the 2nd URL above.

Dirk
Dirk.Craeynest@cs.kuleuven.be (for Ada-Belgium/Ada-Europe/SIGAda/WG9)

* Re: Two Ada-12 Vendors
@ 2020-07-23 18:05   ` Jeffrey R. Carter
From: Jeffrey R. Carter @ 2020-07-23 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 7/23/20 7:24 PM, Dirk Craeynest wrote:

> But perhaps even more interesting, PTC announced yesterday, July
> 22, 2020, the release of PTC ObjectAda for Windows Version 10.2:
> https://developer-tools-us.ptc.com/Announcements/Products/ObjectAda/1000/10.2/RB-20200722-ObjectAda%20for%20Windows%20V10.2.pdf

I posted the wrong link. Thanks for the correction.