From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: Ada 2020 Jupyter notebooks
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2020 18:34:46 -0500	[thread overview]

"Maxim Reznik" <reznikmm@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:2ea8f3d3-4d2b-47e4-bd6b-0038a210b18bn@googlegroups.com...
> But this works only for SCALAR types (in Ada 2012 TC1), right?
> While in Ada 202x this works for ANY type, such as records, arrays and
> access types. That is what I try to describe in the notebook.

Ah, you're conflating the notation X'Image (for objects), which is Ada 2012
TC1, and Image for all types, which is indeed Ada 202x. When I read the
title of the notebook, I saw the former, not the latter. Note that S'Image
works for all types as well in Ada 202x, it's not about the form of the
attribute.

(I realize that one can just use the object form, since you can always
qualify any expression that is not allowed as a prefix, and that would be
only 1 character longer than the subtype form [one extra '; the parens just
move to the prefix from the attribute argument]. But that really is a style
guide issue, and not everyone will agree.)