From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: Generalized Loop Iteration and User-Defined Indexing with more than two parameters.
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2020 19:45:52 -0600	[thread overview]

"Blady" <p.p11@orange.fr> wrote in message
news:ro6mhg$1lmd$1@gioia.aioe.org...
> Le 07/11/2020 à 01:58, Randy Brukardt a écrit :
>> I suppose other designs could have been chosen. The generic one was the
>> original proposal; probably the person that designed it doesn't use
>> interfaces very much. (I think that was me. ;-). If I recall correctly,
>> the
>> original interface design didn't work at all, and the generic was a fix.
>> But
>> I don't remember any of the details anymore (could look them up, but
>> would
>> need more motivation for that :-).
>
> Does a message on Ada Comments could help ;-)?

I rather doubt a new design would be introduced, simply because it would be
very complex to have multiple approaches working at the same time, and the
problems with the existing design aren't as significant as many other things
that could be fixed with Ada. (There's always a limited amount of effort
that can be expended.)