From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: converting pointer to value
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2021 08:44:06 +0100	[thread overview]

On 2021-03-05 08:06, Björn Lundin wrote:

> Anyway, some docs* I found describes Clob handling as

> use bind to bind nothing to the col - but tag it
> execute (will then return NEED_MORE_DATA)
> ParamData will return NEED_MORE_DATA and indicate what col that needs

Yes, it returns in its buffer address + offset calculated as if
parameters were an array. Here address is 1, if I remember correctly.

But you can just ignore that stuff as you know the column you write
already. There is only one blob. If other parameters are bound normally
or literals you just call PutData with the first chunk ignoring anything
  but the return code of ParamData.

> the data (which is the problem i want to solve first)
> loop
>    putDAta
>    exit when put enough data
> loop
> final call to ParamData will now indicate SUCCESS.
>

> And I got that part to work to some extent. (if I putData in chunks of
> 10 bytes and I said size= 100. But not if size = 104. Likely an error on
> my part)

Did you specify 104 as the total size in BindParameter?

> And yes that small size is just me testing. chunks will be in larger
> sizes when I get it to work.

It will be awfully slow, I guess.