* gtkada flagged as a trojan by Kaspersky
@ 2021-07-30 20:05 Chris Townley
From: Chris Townley @ 2021-07-30 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just tried to download gnat-1021 and gtkada-2021 for Win64, but
Kaspersky just deletes it with the following report:

Event: Malicious object detected
User: GONDOLIN\chris
User type: Active user
Application name: chrome.exe
Application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application
Component: File Anti-Virus
Result description: Detected
Type: Trojan
Name: UDS:Trojan.Win32.Generic
Precision: Exactly
Threat level: High
Object type: File
Object name: gtkada-2021-x86_64-windows64-bin.exe
Object path: V:\WInusr\chris\downloads
MD5: D60E573005450391B12CAB1966F89703
Reason: Cloud Protection#

Has anyone seen this - is it a Kaspersky issue, or has it been compromised?

TIA

--
Chris

* Re: gtkada flagged as a trojan by Kaspersky
@ 2021-07-31  9:21 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2021-07-31  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2021-07-30 22:05, Chris Townley wrote:
> Just tried to download gnat-1021 and gtkada-2021 for Win64, but
> Kaspersky just deletes it with the following report:
>
> Event: Malicious object detected
> User: GONDOLIN\chris
> User type: Active user
> Application name: chrome.exe
> Application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application
> Component: File Anti-Virus
> Result description: Detected
> Type: Trojan
> Name: UDS:Trojan.Win32.Generic
> Precision: Exactly
> Threat level: High
> Object type: File
> Object name: gtkada-2021-x86_64-windows64-bin.exe
> Object path: V:\WInusr\chris\downloads
> MD5: D60E573005450391B12CAB1966F89703
> Reason: Cloud Protection#
>
> Has anyone seen this - is it a Kaspersky issue, or has it been compromised?

Not this, but my installer packed by INNO Setup were falsely flagged by
some antivirus. So possibly, it is just self-extracting mechanics that
triggers false alarm.

I am PC anti-vaxxer (:-)), but if you are paranoid, create a Windows
virtual machine and install GNAT and then GtkAda there. Copy C:\GtkAda
to your working machine, scan it for viruses. That would effectively
install it without running the installer.

* Re: gtkada flagged as a trojan by Kaspersky
@ 2021-07-31 13:37   ` Chris Townley
From: Chris Townley @ 2021-07-31 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 31/07/2021 10:21, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
> On 2021-07-30 22:05, Chris Townley wrote:
>> Just tried to download gnat-1021 and gtkada-2021 for Win64, but
>> Kaspersky just deletes it with the following report:
>>
>> Event: Malicious object detected
>> User: GONDOLIN\chris
>> User type: Active user
>> Application name: chrome.exe
>> Application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application
>> Component: File Anti-Virus
>> Result description: Detected
>> Type: Trojan
>> Name: UDS:Trojan.Win32.Generic
>> Precision: Exactly
>> Threat level: High
>> Object type: File
>> Object name: gtkada-2021-x86_64-windows64-bin.exe
>> Object path: V:\WInusr\chris\downloads
>> MD5: D60E573005450391B12CAB1966F89703
>> Reason: Cloud Protection#
>>
>> Has anyone seen this - is it a Kaspersky issue, or has it been
>> compromised?
>
> Not this, but my installer packed by INNO Setup were falsely flagged by
> some antivirus. So possibly, it is just self-extracting mechanics that
> triggers false alarm.
>
> I am PC anti-vaxxer (:-)), but if you are paranoid, create a Windows
> virtual machine and install GNAT and then GtkAda there. Copy C:\GtkAda
> to your working machine, scan it for viruses. That would effectively
> install it without running the installer.

Thanks - that is an option. I suppose I could build from source, but not
sure about my ability! Might give that a try.

I think I will get onto Kaspersky first - see what they say...

--

@ 2021-08-01 11:06     ` Chris Townley
From: Chris Townley @ 2021-08-01 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 31/07/2021 14:37, Chris Townley wrote:
> On 31/07/2021 10:21, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
>> On 2021-07-30 22:05, Chris Townley wrote:
>>> Just tried to download gnat-1021 and gtkada-2021 for Win64, but
>>> Kaspersky just deletes it with the following report:
>>>
>>> Event: Malicious object detected
>>> User: GONDOLIN\chris
>>> User type: Active user
>>> Application name: chrome.exe
>>> Application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application
>>> Component: File Anti-Virus
>>> Result description: Detected
>>> Type: Trojan
>>> Name: UDS:Trojan.Win32.Generic
>>> Precision: Exactly
>>> Threat level: High
>>> Object type: File
>>> Object name: gtkada-2021-x86_64-windows64-bin.exe
>>> Object path: V:\WInusr\chris\downloads
>>> MD5: D60E573005450391B12CAB1966F89703
>>> Reason: Cloud Protection#
>>>
>>> Has anyone seen this - is it a Kaspersky issue, or has it been
>>> compromised?
>>
>> Not this, but my installer packed by INNO Setup were falsely flagged
>> by some antivirus. So possibly, it is just self-extracting mechanics
>> that triggers false alarm.
>>
>> I am PC anti-vaxxer (:-)), but if you are paranoid, create a Windows
>> virtual machine and install GNAT and then GtkAda there. Copy C:\GtkAda
>> to your working machine, scan it for viruses. That would effectively
>> install it without running the installer.
>>

> Thanks - that is an option. I suppose I could build from source, but not
> sure about my ability! Might give that a try.
>
> I think I will get onto Kaspersky first - see what they say...

Kaspersky replied:

> Dear customer,
>
> Thank you for your continued support. I apologize for my late response.
>
> We've just received a reply from our Virus Analysts with the following information.
>
> We like to apologize for the false detection, the fix is deployed on the next database update.
>
> Thank you for your help and stay safe!

Nice to hear, and a quick fix - great service from them

--
Chris