From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: Raising "exception" in a .gpr file
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 09:44:09 +0200	[thread overview]

On 2021-08-13 09:23, mockturtle wrote:

> Just to be clear, I am thinking to something like
>
>    case OS is
>    ...when "linux" =>
>     ......Arch_Sources := "src/Linux";
>
>    ...when "macos" =>
>     ......Arch_Sources := "src/Mac";
>
>    ...when "windows" =>
>     ......raise "This library makes no sense with this OS";
>      end case;
>
> I tried to look in the manual, this newsgroup and googled a bit, but I did not find anything.  I am afraid that this is not possible (although I think it could be a nice addition).

There are many nice addition they could have, starting with predefined
variables for the host OS, host machine and a sane set of operations
defined on strings.

> Do you know if this is possible and how?

You could refer to an non-existing source file in the choice:

    when "windows" =>
       for Source_Files use ("This library makes no sense with this OS");