From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: Janus Ada 1.5 Ada cp/m manuals
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 02:23:43 -0500	[thread overview]

"Luke A. Guest" <laguest@archeia.com> wrote in message
news:sf9i9b$1rft$1@gioia.aioe.org...

> Does anyone have electronic copies? They're not in the zips available.

Unfortunately, they don't exist. The original source was for a
photo-typesetter that hasn't existed for decades (and mostly likely is only
stored on 8" floppies that probably aren't readable even if the right
hardware was available).

The only way for them to exist is for someone to scan a printed version.

I have a single printed version in our archives (with installation
instructions for 8" floppies dated March 5, 1984). Its got someone's
hardwritten notes in it (it's not pristine). Anyway, since it is the only
known version, I won't let it out of the office, since it is literally
irreplaceable.

I've offered to others to scan it to PDFs (one per page, that's all I can
figure out how to do on our cheap multifunction machine here) if someone
would want to convert that to something more usable. But since I'd have to
scan each page individually and the document is an inch thick give or take a
few millimeters, I'd need some compensation for the time. (I have lots of
things I could be doing that are either fun, make money, or advance Ada --
this is none of these!) Contact me privately if you want to discuss this
further.

BTW, since RRS still exists and never made a public version for any version
of Janus/Ada (including the CP/M versions) -- because all of the versions
are derived from the same original source and it is likely that some of the
compiler still survives from those versions) -- using it without a license
is technically infringing. I don't think there is much chance that anyone
would try to stop non-commercial use, but I would suggest getting legal if
anything commercial is involved. (And yes, we periodically get requests for
help with it from users that I would have expected to have moved on long
ago.)

                                              Randy Brukardt, founder, R.R.
Software, Inc.