From: "Björn Lundin" <b.f.lundin@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Ada Web Application question
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 18:19:35 +0200	[thread overview]

Den 2021-08-26 kl. 18:14, skrev Joakim Strandberg:
> torsdag 26 augusti 2021 kl. 17:37:16 UTC+2 skrev björn lundin:
>> Den 2021-08-26 kl. 17:31, skrev Joakim Strandberg:
>>
>>> But the installation had some issue:
>>> make install
>>>
>>> The problem had to do with permissions. T
>> sudo make install
>> gives you root privilegies to install there
>>
>> you enter YOUR password when prompted. not root's
>>

>> --
>> Björn
>
> Thanks Björn. I tried it first and when I did "sudo make install" I got the error message "cannot find command gprinstall". Maybe I would need to "cd /root" and then make sure the GNAT compiler is on the PATH for the root user by editing the .bashrc file but I didn't do go down that path. Still it's a good advice for somebody else who runs into the same problem. Maybe it works for them. Strange it didn't work for me.
>
> Best regards,
> Joakim

ok I've got gprbuild problems once when I built AWS some years ago
make went well but not install

gprbuild not in path (or wrong gcc or whatever)

so - another trick is

sudo su -
gives you root terminal. (still YOUR pwd to enter)

export PATH to where it should be for root including gprinstall
then
make install

--
Björn