* 30th anniversary of 1st Ada-Belgium Seminar
@ 2021-10-03 14:47 Dirk Craeynest
From: Dirk Craeynest @ 2021-10-03 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Today, October 3rd, 2021, marks the 30th anniversary of the first
public event organized by the (then still forming) Ada-Belgium
non-profit organization, a half-day Seminar.

A page was created on the Ada-Belgium web-site to present some
historic information on that event, retrieved from various archives.

Enjoy!

Dirk Craeynest, Ada-Belgium President
Dirk.Craeynest@cs.kuleuven.be (for Ada-Belgium/Ada-Europe/SIGAda/WG9)

+-------------/   Home: http://www.cs.kuleuven.be/~dirk/ada-belgium
|Ada-Belgium /  E-mail: ada-belgium-board@cs.kuleuven.be
+-----------/ Maillist: ada-belgium[-info]-request@ls.kuleuven.be

* 26th Ada-Europe Int. Conf. Reliable Software Technologies (AEiC 2022)
* June 14-17, 2022 ** Ghent, Belgium ** www.ada-europe.org/confs/ae ***

* Re: 30th anniversary of 1st Ada-Belgium Seminar
@ 2021-10-03 18:59 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2021-10-03 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

dirk@orka.cs.kuleuven.be. (Dirk Craeynest) writes:

This didn't work for me: the one from reddit did ...
https://people.cs.kuleuven.be/~dirk.craeynest/ada-belgium/events/91/911003-abs.html

* Re: 30th anniversary of 1st Ada-Belgium Seminar
@ 2021-10-03 19:20   ` Dirk Craeynest
From: Dirk Craeynest @ 2021-10-03 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <lyo8869bov.fsf@pushface.org>,
Simon Wright  <simon@pushface.org> wrote:
>dirk@orka.cs.kuleuven.be. (Dirk Craeynest) writes:

>This didn't work for me: the one from reddit did ...
>https://people.cs.kuleuven.be/~dirk.craeynest/ada-belgium/events/91/911003-abs.html

The former URL is a shorter version and should redirect to the latter.
Looks like reddit applied the redirection when posting the message.

The short URL works for me as-is in Google Chrome and in Firefox.
Could the problem come from the fact that there was no leading
"http://" and that not all browsers add this automagically?

Does the following work?
http://www.cs.kuleuven.be/~dirk/ada-belgium/events/91/911003-abs.html

Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for pointing out the alternative!

Dirk

* Re: 30th anniversary of 1st Ada-Belgium Seminar
@ 2021-10-03 20:13     ` Jeffrey R. Carter
From: Jeffrey R. Carter @ 2021-10-03 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10/3/21 9:20 PM, Dirk Craeynest wrote:
> In article <lyo8869bov.fsf@pushface.org>,
> Simon Wright  <simon@pushface.org> wrote:
>> dirk@orka.cs.kuleuven.be. (Dirk Craeynest) writes:

>> This didn't work for me: the one from reddit did ...
>> https://people.cs.kuleuven.be/~dirk.craeynest/ada-belgium/events/91/911003-abs.html
>
> The former URL is a shorter version and should redirect to the latter.
> Looks like reddit applied the redirection when posting the message.
>
> The short URL works for me as-is in Google Chrome and in Firefox.
> Could the problem come from the fact that there was no leading
> "http://" and that not all browsers add this automagically?
>
> Does the following work?
> http://www.cs.kuleuven.be/~dirk/ada-belgium/events/91/911003-abs.html

Neither of the short-form links worked for me this afternoon (Linux/Firefox),
but do work now.

"[O]ne can look forward to a rapid and widespread
improvement in programming practice, both from
those who use the language [Ada] and from those
who study its concepts and structures."
C. A. R. Hoare

* Re: 30th anniversary of 1st Ada-Belgium Seminar
@ 2021-10-03 21:03     ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2021-10-03 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

dirk@orka.cs.kuleuven.be. (Dirk Craeynest) writes:

> In article <lyo8869bov.fsf@pushface.org>,
> Simon Wright  <simon@pushface.org> wrote:
>>dirk@orka.cs.kuleuven.be. (Dirk Craeynest) writes:

>>This didn't work for me: the one from reddit did ...
>>https://people.cs.kuleuven.be/~dirk.craeynest/ada-belgium/events/91/911003-abs.html
>
> The former URL is a shorter version and should redirect to the latter.
> Looks like reddit applied the redirection when posting the message.
>
> The short URL works for me as-is in Google Chrome and in Firefox.
> Could the problem come from the fact that there was no leading
> "http://" and that not all browsers add this automagically?
>
> Does the following work?
> http://www.cs.kuleuven.be/~dirk/ada-belgium/events/91/911003-abs.html

The problem seems to be with Emacs/Gnus; copied & pasted in Safari &
Firefox workes fine.