From: "Björn Lundin" <b.f.lundin@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Where do I find instructions for installing Gnat and Gnat Studio on the Mac?
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 13:11:43 +0100	[thread overview]

Den 2022-01-14 kl. 19:30, skrev Bob Creasy:

hmm, below reply ended up unintentionally as mail to the OP.
It was intended for c.l.a

> If my experience is typical, it's no wonder Ada isn't popular. I've downloaded the installer for GNAT 2018 for MacOS, since it's the only one containing Gnat Studio.

I just downloaded 2018, double-clicked the .img, started the installer,
which installed
* gnat
* spark
* gps

all in /Users/xxx/opt/GNAT/2018/bin

set path as instructed in last install screen

start gps (terminal or Finder)
I don't think you get an icon in /Applications

 > While I can easily find documentation for installing Gnat on Windows
and Linux, I can't find any for MacOS.

but do you need one?

 >In fact, Adacore leaves out MacOS installation in their tutorials. If
 >MacOS isn't supported, then why confuse users by making it available
 >for download?

It is getting out of support - I think. I don't think they plan on go
beyond intel 64bit.

--
Björn