From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: file "synchronization-interprocess.ads" not found
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 20:09:35 +0100	[thread overview]

On 2022-01-29 17:31, hreba wrote:
> My program uses the gtkada contributions for multitasking and works
> well. Now I am writing a plugin following the gnat examples. The
> compiler then asks for gtkada contributions. When I include them, I get
> the error message
>
> gtk-persistent_storage_credentials_dialog-odbc.adb:28:06: file
> "persistent-odbc.ads" not found
>
> among others. I found the missing packages in the simple components,
> added them too, and now I get
>
> synchronization-interprocess-process_call_service-generic_parameterless_function.ads:27:06:
> file "synchronization-interprocess.ads" not found
>
> and don't know how to continue.
>
> I am on a Linux Mint (Ubuntu) machine.
>
> gtkada contributions as well as simple components I caught as source,
> and mention the corresponding directories in my project file in
> Source_Dirs. As I am trying to write a plugin, this is a library project
> of kind relocatable.

Do you have your own gpr-file? The with-section and the private part of
synchronization-interprocess.ads is OS-dependent. In the provided
gpr-file it is selected by the Target_OS project scenario.

The source file for Linux is in the subdirectory os/linux.

Similarly, when using ODBC, you must select the right OS driver and 32-
vs 64-bit because ODBC API depends on the choice.

The list of scenarios is here:

    http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/components.htm#19