* variable text for button
@ 2022-09-28 10:44 ldries46
From: ldries46 @ 2022-09-28 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am using a   Gtk_Message Dialog in a surrounding in which I use
strings in  variable languages. That means that I can switch languages
by changing the variable lan, butfor the button I cannot find the
parameter to switch the text.
I now use
MessageBox := Gtk_Message_Dialog_New(null,
1,
Message_Warning(lan),
Buttons_Close,
            Text(lan));
  MessageBox.Set_Title(Title(lan));

This gives a button with the Close text in the language of the operating
system but I want:
Button_Text(lan) on the button
How can I do this?

* Re: variable text for button
@ 2022-09-28 10:59 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2022-09-28 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2022-09-28 12:44, ldries46 wrote:
> I am using a   Gtk_Message Dialog in a surrounding in which I use
> strings in  variable languages. That means that I can switch languages
> by changing the variable lan, butfor the button I cannot find the
> parameter to switch the text.
> I now use
> MessageBox := Gtk_Message_Dialog_New(null,
> 1,
> Message_Warning(lan),
> Buttons_Close,
>             Text(lan));
>   MessageBox.Set_Title(Title(lan));
>
> This gives a button with the Close text in the language of the operating
> system but I want:
> Button_Text(lan) on the button
> How can I do this?

Enumerate dialog children in the action area? (I am not sure) and find
the button there.

or create the dialog without buttons, add buttons after that. Dialog add
button returns the button it added.

or use CSS, which is intended for the purpose of theming the standard
buttons.

* Re: variable text for button
@ 2022-09-30 12:27 ` ldries46
From: ldries46 @ 2022-09-30 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Op 28-9-2022 om 12:44 schreef ldries46:
> I am using a Gtk_Message Dialog in a surrounding in which I use
> strings in variable languages. That means that I can switch languages
> by changing the variable lan, butfor the button I cannot find the
> parameter to switch the text.
> I now use
> MessageBox := Gtk_Message_Dialog_New(null,
> 1,
> Message_Warning(lan),
> Buttons_Close,
>            Text(lan));
>  MessageBox.Set_Title(Title(lan));
>
> This gives a button with the Close text in the language of the
> operating system but I want:
> Button_Text(lan) on the button
> How can I do this?

I found that it works with no Button but using the Add_Button routine
still let me see an error. but for the moment I am content with the
Button_None value.