From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma@12000.org>
Subject: Re: how to install Alire ada on Linux?
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 03:52:49 -0600	[thread overview]

On 12/28/2022 3:26 AM, Egil H H wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 28, 2022 at 1:20:18 AM UTC+1, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:
>> I went to https://alire.ada.dev/
>>
>> It says at the top "download Alire for windows".
>>
>> No linux button. Only windows.
>>

> I guess you're visiting the site using a Windows computer. On my Linux computer the button says Linux...

OMG, are you saying they designed the web site to show the botton
based on which OS one is using at the time??

Who designed this site?  This makes no sense at all. They should
show all bottons for all OS's regrdless.

Yes, I used windows desktop, but I do all my work on Linux via VBox.

> However, installation instructions for all supported platforms can be found in the docs (the other button),
> https://alire.ada.dev/docs/#getting-started

Yes, but no single button there and no direct link from the main web page
https://alire.ada.dev/  showing Linux. How is a user supposed to know
that they have to click on "getting started" to search for Linux
information when Linux does not even show on the main page and only
windows does.

Bad site design if you ask me.

But thanks for the info. I got alr installed on by Linux now. Was not easy.
--Nasser