* A Short Video on Getting Started with GtkAda in 2023
@ 2023-01-14  9:01 Stephen Merrony
From: Stephen Merrony @ 2023-01-14  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

I made a quick video showing how easy it is to get started writing Gtk application in Ada these days...

https://youtu.be/IofrV5hsUvg

* Re: A Short Video on Getting Started with GtkAda in 2023
@ 2023-01-14 12:47 ` Nasser M. Abbasi
From: Nasser M. Abbasi @ 2023-01-14 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1/14/2023 3:01 AM, Stephen Merrony wrote:
> I made a quick video showing how easy it is to get started writing Gtk application in Ada these days...
>
> https://youtu.be/IofrV5hsUvg

thanks for the video.

I did not know one can use Microsoft Visual studio code to edit Ada
programs these days. Is this now the alternative to GNAT GPS editor?

And looking at your video, I see lots of words with a
straight line showing across some of the words. Why is that?
For example

     Gtk.Widget;

Show with line across the middle of the word Widget, which makes
it hard to read. is there a reason why the editor adds this line?

--Nasser

* Re: A Short Video on Getting Started with GtkAda in 2023
@ 2023-01-14 13:00   ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2023-01-14 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2023-01-14 13:47, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:

> I did not know one can use Microsoft Visual studio code to edit Ada
> programs these days.

Do not tell anybody, but you can edit Ada programs even in the Microsoft
Notepad! (:-))

* Re: A Short Video on Getting Started with GtkAda in 2023
@ 2023-01-16  7:55 ` Jesper Quorning
From: Jesper Quorning @ 2023-01-16  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

lørdag den 14. januar 2023 kl. 10.01.15 UTC+1 skrev mer...@gmail.com:
> I made a quick video showing how easy it is to get started writing Gtk application in Ada these days...
>
> https://youtu.be/IofrV5hsUvg
This has to be much faster, lighter, welcoming, and to the point to appeal to the next generations on TikTok.

Nice title, though!