From: "Jeffrey R.Carter" <spam.jrcarter.not@spam.acm.org.not>
Subject: Re: Use Ada.Containers.Vectors Generic_Sorting or Ada.Containers.Ordered_Sets ?
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 10:35:23 +0100	[thread overview]

On 2023-02-14 09:49, reinert wrote:

> Sometimes, I have to sort records. One possibility is to use Generig_Sorting under Ada.Containers.Vectors and eksplicitly use Sort.  An alternative is to use Ada.Containders.Ordered_Sets and somehow get sorting "for free".
>
> I would like to get arguments for and against these two alternatives.

Both should be O(NlogN), so the distinction is which works better for what you
do with them after they are sorted.

"[B]ecause of our experience in security, we are convinced
that C is too error-prone. Its loose typing, its unsafe
bitfields management, too many compiler dependent behaviors,
etc. easily lead to vulnerabilities."
EwoK developers