From: "G.B." <bauhaus@notmyhomepage.invalid>
Subject: Re: Use Ada.Containers.Vectors Generic_Sorting or Ada.Containers.Ordered_Sets ?
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 19:48:14 +0100	[thread overview]

On 14.02.23 11:46, reinert wrote:
> My main argument for using Ordered_Sets is that it seems to be less verbose and somehow garanteres sorting. Myset.Last/First always provides the "largest"/"smallest" element.

You could measure performance of operations
that you find critical, given a typical number
of elements in the set. If there isn't any operation
that is particularly critical, some weighted
average of all set operations might be of interest.

Two similar data structures might both use a common
algorithm, such as sorting. If a program uses both
data structures, then having just one algorithm
might be advantageous, if only for the size of
the executable.